The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum will be held on 7 and 8 April 2021 and once again ICMYO and its members join the event.
The Forum provides a global platform for a candid dialogue among Member States and young leaders from around the world on solutions to challenges affecting youth wellbeing. It also serves as a unique space for young people to share their vision and actions as well as to provide youth perspectives on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
The 2021 Forum’s discussions will be guided by the overall theme of the 2021 ECOSOC and HLPF: “Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, that promotes the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development: Building an inclusive and effective path for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development”. Consideration will also be given to the group of SDGs decided by Member States for in-depth discussions at the 2021 HLPF, namely, SDGs 1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16 and 17.
- Website: https://www.un.org/ecosoc/en/content/ecosoc-youth-forum-2021
- CONCEPT NOTE
- DRAFT PROGRAMME
- SIDE EVENTS PROGRAMME (tentative)
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Wednesday, 7 April 2021
- #YouthLead: Young People in the Driver’s Seat to Build Back Better (9:30 AM – 10:00 AM)
- Achieving the SDGs With and For Youth (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
Parallel Thematic Breakout sessions
- A People-Centric Response (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Accelerating Action for the Planet (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Prospering and Thriving (2:45 PM- 3:45 PM) – Coming Soon
- Inclusive Peace: The Way Forward (2:45 PM- 3:45 PM)
- Harnessing Partnerships, Resources and Science: Working Together to Get Things Done (4:00 PM – 5:15 PM)
A Virtual Networking Reception for Young Changemakers (5:30 PM – 7:00 PM) – Coming Soon
Thursday, 8 April 2021
Parallel Regional Breakout sessions
- Asia and the Pacific (8:00 AM – 9:30 AM) – Coming Soon
- Arab States Region (8:00 AM – 9:30 AM)
- Africa (9:40 AM – 11:10 AM) – Coming Soon
- Europe, North America and Other States (9:40 AM – 11:10 AM)
- Latin America and the Caribbean (11:20 AM – 1:00 PM)
- Achieving the SDGs With and For Youth (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Leaving No Youth Behind: Addressing the Long-Term Consequences of COVID-19 for Vulnerable Youth Groups (2:30 PM – 4:00 PM) – Coming Soon
- Reflecting Back and Looking Forward – Celebrating A Decade of the Youth Forum and the Start of Decade of Action (4:00 PM – 4:30 PM)